Frequency converter KPA CD is supplied from industrial ac power supply with voltage 220 V and frequency 50 Hz. External dc power supply has regulated voltage up to 100 V. Maximum output supply voltage for the power converter is 115 V.
Features of KPA CD:
- Output constant current with magnitude in range 0.01 to 0.71 A with ability of holding any required value during any time interval.
- Limiting current magnitude by value of 0.9 A.
- Maximum error in forming phase current of required magnitude 0.002 A (in frequency range 0 to 200 Hz).
- Maximum frequency of output current no less than 200 Hz and no more than 1000 Hz.
- Control frequency of power transistors in output inverter of 20 kHz.
- Fault and failure protections.
The following hard and soft protections have been implemented:
− wrong polarity connection protection in case of wrong connection of external dc power supply;
− through currents protection of the inverter power transistors;
− dc overvoltage protection of inverter power transistors;
− overheating protection of inverter power transistors. Two-level thermal protection with warning generation about thermal overload and inverter switching-off due to overheating: in first level – soft protection, in the second – a hard protection;
− fault protection is the over-current one. Two-level over-current protection: in first level – soft protection, in the second – a hard protection;
− undervoltage protection in the power transistor drivers;
− undervoltage or power failure protection.